When you let your runner nerdiness get the best of you 🤓
Recently, as I was browsing the current list of Women’s Olympic Trials Marathon qualifiers, I got the idea to do some in-depth analysis of those who had qualified via the marathon (as opposed to the half marathon). After sifting through countless race results, searching many IAAF profiles, and also reading several news articles, I was able to obtain the ages of each of the 336 qualifiers on the day they ran their fastest qualifying time. Using that information, as well as the qualifying times/races listed on the USATF site, I was able to analyze a couple key metrics. Some of the major takeaways from this little research study are the following:
• The average qualifying time for the 336 women who have qualified is 2:40:30.
• The average age of all qualifiers is 30.4 and 50% of all qualifiers fall between the ages of 27 and 34.
• The average ages of those with the A standard (65 / 19.3%) and B standard (271 / 80.7%) are 30.1 and 30.5, respectively, and their difference is not statistically significant.
• The youngest qualifier is 15 while the oldest is 50.
• 27% of all qualifiers came from the 2018 CIM Marathon. The 2018 and 2017 CIM Marathons combined account for 38% of all qualifiers.
I hope there are at least a couple other super running nerds out there who find these stats to be interesting. I personally found it both intriguing and inspiring to learn more about my fellow qualifiers. I found the fact that the average age of all qualifiers is 30.4 and that the oldest qualifier is 50 to be particularly exciting. This gives me so much hope that my best marathoning days absolutely lie ahead of me and that longevity in this wonderful sport is possible. Also, I hope that anyone who sees this post who might have thought they were too old to accomplish a big, bold goal might reconsider their potential and keep working towards their dreams ❤️
#olympictrials #otq #marathon #runnersofinstagram #womensrunning #strongwomen #runnerscommunity #runnersworld #inspiringwomenrunners #runhappy #run #running #runner #runnergirl
#runfree #marathontraining #runningmotivation #runitfast #nerd #nerdlife #runnernerd