Dedicated this year’s race to my Princess 👑 Lulu - Lululemon for Lulu , perfect pairing! The vet from the critical care and specialists hospital called after the race and informed me that Lulu is coming home this afternoon. Best news ever! Now if I may recap the race a little:
1) First 13k felt pretty good, although I started sweating after 5k, which was odd for me. It’s humid today but thankfully the rain held off.
2) Broke down and had a cry after hitting 14k as the physical (a muscle on the right thigh kept screaming at me) and emotional pain started to take over. My back felt okay, which was magical.
3) Right toes cramped up about the 16k mark - never happened to me during races, and I had plentiful of electrolytes.
4) The cramping extended upward to the right calf and never left for rest of the race. That pretty much sums up my last 5k.
5) I think I may have two bruised toes in total. 😛
Over and all, I feel alright and grateful I was able to be in the race and reached the finish line. Now shower and bring my little medal 🥇 to pick up my princess! I’ve done her proud!
#seawheeze2019 #lululemon #halfmarathon #anotherfinish
#anotheryear #lifeisalwaysinteresting #seeyounextyear